7 Things You May Not Know About Life Insurance & Annuities
1. The death benefit in a life insurance policy pays out free of income taxes in most cases. (consult your tax advisor to make sure this is true for you)
2. The cash value in a whole life or universal life policy builds tax-deferred.
3. If set up and managed properly, an indexed universal life insurance policy (an IUL) can provide a retirement income free of income taxes using tax-free withdrawals and zero-cost, or low-cost, policy loans.
4. The cash value in a whole life or an indexed universal life policy (IUL) never goes down because of a bad stock market.
5. The hottest thing in the life insurance business in 2014 is “Living Benefits“; ways to use the death benefit in a life insurance policy WHILE YOU ARE STILL ALIVE!
6. Annuities offer a guaranteed income that you can never outlive.
7. The hottest thing in the annuity business in 2014 is still the Lifetime Income Benefit Riders, which offer higher incomes, protection from loss, and an income for life.
Enter your comments or questions below.